I am a development professional with more than 13 years of experience of working in the field of public health at different districts of Nepal. I have been involved in various projects related to health, hygiene, nutrition, community infrastructure, social marketing on micronutrients supplementation, livelihood enhancement, social mobilization, income generation, good governance, disaster risk reduction and gender and social inclusion related activities.
My proficiency includes proper handling of wide array of functions including team leadership, partnership management, programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, coordination, collaboration, reporting and financial and administrative management.
Masters of Art (M.A.) in Sociology, from Kamaun University, Nainital, Uttarakhand, India.
Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) in Population/Education from Tribhuwan University, Nepal, Dadeldhura Campus, Dadeldhura, Nepal
Work undertaken that best illustrates capacity to handle the tasks assigned
- Multi Sector Nutrition Plan (MSNP) 2013-2017, District Coordinator at Health Research and Social Development Forum (HERD) for Bajhang, (from 13 November 2016 to till date)- Coordinate and facilitate district and VDC level sectorial government line agencies (DDC, DHO, DADO, DLSO, DEO, WCO and WSSDO) and other concerned district authorities to map and identify the relevant nutrition specific and sensitive stakeholders for MSNP.
- Integrated Young Child Feeding and Baal Vita Community Promotion Programme, District Nutrition and Social Mobilization Coordinator at DHO, Dadeldhura (from January 2015 to November 2016.): Assist the DHO staff on planning, monitoring and reporting of activities directly related to IYCF and Baal Vita community promotion programme.
- Senior District Coordinator at maxPro (Social Marketing Services) Nepal, for Dadeldhura. (From January 2013 to August 2014) - Overall management of the project especially nutrition and hygiene promotion to the community and also advocacy on social marketing of Baal Vita promotion and also coordination with government ant non-government line agencies and stakeholders in the district.
- Rural Community Infrastructure Work (RCIW) funded By World Food Programme (WFP), District Coordinator at SAPPROS Nepal (Support Activities for Poor Producers of Nepal) for Dadeldhura, (from March 2012 to July 2012)- I was involved in overall coordination with stakeholders and staff mobilization for community support for constructions of rural roads, irrigation cannels, foot paths, fruit and vegetable farming, GESI, etc. Similarly, I also aided the DDC and the DPSU in planning, monitoring and reporting of activities directly related to cash assistance.
- Micronutrient Supplementation for Child in Food Insecure District of Nepal funded by World Food Programme (WFP), District Coordinator at maxPro (Social marketing Services), Nepal, for Achham. (From June 2011 to January 2012)- I had involved in social marketing of IYCF, Baal Vita Promotion to the community and staff mobilization in the community level.
- Overall Program management implemented by REDC Dadeldhura, Executive Director at Rural Environment Development Centre (REDC), Dadeldhura, (from July 2009 to May 2011)- I was responsible to handle overall management and programmatic issues of REDC and also prepare effective work plans in close coordination with the project staffs and REDC members.
- Rural Village Water Resource Management Programme, (RVWRMP), Field Coordinator at REDC, for Dadeldhura, (from January 2008 to June 2009): Multi sector approach WASH, nutrition, income generation activities, cooperative support programme implementation at the field level and staff mobilization for implemented those activities.
- Community Health Programme, (CHP) Supported by CECI/Sahakarya,Programme Coordinator, at REDC Dadeldhura on CHP (from October 2004 to December 2007): Support to quarterly, biannual & annual bottom up planning process. Support to field staffs for organizing awareness session and conduct workshops on public health related issues i.e. (Diarrhea/ARI management, Nutrition, safe motherhood and HIV/ AIDS, TV) in district and community level. Established & maintain close linkage & coordination with D/PHO, WSSDO, WCO, line agencies, stakeholders, other donors & external agencies for the effective implementation of the program.
- Community Literacy Programme, (CLP) Supported by DFID, Senior Social Mobilizer/Program Supervisor at REDC, Dadeldhura on CLP (from June 2003 to August 2004: Support on community literacy group formation, Local material preparation (Reading Books) and Conduct review & planning meeting as well as interaction, training/workshop and provide technical assistance to the CLP personnel on planning and implementation of the CLP programme activities.
Management level experiences:
- Worked as a Chairperson of NGO Federation of Nepal District chapter Dadeldhura for 4 years.
- Worked as a Secretary General & Vice-Chair Person of Rural Environment Development Centre REDC, Executive committee at Dadeldhura for 5 years.