To address the gravity of under-nutrition, a Multi-Sector Nutrition Plan (MSNP) was developed by the Government of Nepal (GoN) under the strategic leadership of National Planning Commission (NPC) in collaboration with External Development Partners (EDPs) and national stakeholders.
Since its inception HERD has been working in issues related to TB. HERD is one of the leading organsiation supporting GON to address the problem of Tuberculosis.
- Decentralisation promotes sharing of power and therefore sharing of rights. We help in strengthening local health governance, developing guidelines for effective health system functioning.
- Effective monitoring strengthens service delivery mechanism. We conduct national surveys to monitor the service delivery mechanism of health facilities.
- Improving health conditions of women and children indicate nation’s progress in the health sector. We design, test and implement programmes supporting the national reproductive health programmes and policies.
- Our status of health is determined by our lifestyle and living conditions. We evaluate the improvement in health status brought about by better nutrition, hygiene and sanitation conditions.
- Nation’s health status improves with improvement at the personal level. We conduct operational research bringing behavioural change among individuals.
- Social determinants of health affect the accessibility and utilisation of health services. We inculcate Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) approaches in policy and practice.
- We are a herd of young and dynamic professionals. We initiate and support capacity building initiatives targeted especially for young professionals.