Health Research and Social Development Forum (HERD), a non-government organisation working in the sector of health and social development since 2004 calls for applications from dedicated and dynamic professionals for the position of Project Development and Communication (PDC) Officer for a period of at least one year (subject to further extension based on performance). Candidates should bear minimum qualification of a post-graduate degree in Communications, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Journalism or related discipline with at least 3 years of demonstrable experience in the sector of grant proposal writing, project development and external communications.
We are seeking an experienced mid-level employee who is efficient in design, planning, implementation of project development and external communication activities. S/he will be based in central office in Kathmandu and will work closely with the research and programme team. Overall, s/he should be a thorough professional – with a good blend of both technical and managerial skills.
Key Technical Responsibilities
Reporting to the Senior Programme Manager, he/she will have the following key technical responsibilities:
- Track call for research/programme proposals - national and international and lead proposal development activities in collaboration between research/programme and operations team
- Lead on writing case studies, research briefings, policy briefs and other relevant documents aimed at policy makers and various other stakeholders – including government agencies, development partners and the media
- Coordinate communication activities with policy makers and other stakeholders when required; activities could include conferences, workshops and field visits for multiple stakeholders and media outlets
- Undertake knowledge management initiatives within the organisation that includes media monitoring, evidence summaries and knowledge exchange workshops, seminars and trainings
- Edit and package the project and organisational reports into user friendly formats
- Engage closely with Operations and Human Resource Management team in terms of developing and finalising any public announcements – either through print or electronic media
- Engage closely with Monitoring and Evaluation team to develop and maintain project database on a routine basis
- Post graduate degree in Communications, Development Studies, Social Sciences or related discipline
- Experienced and confident in grant proposal writing and strategic communications
- Functional Competencies in project development strategies and concepts, relationship building and networking, planning and organising external events, managing websites and social media for external communication, including routine monitoring and evaluation of web-based external communications
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Nepali
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationship, both within and outside the organization
If you think you can handle this responsibility, download the application form and send the completed application form along with an updated CV at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Project Development and Communication (PDC) Officer by 5pm, 18 August, 2017.
Download Application Form
Applications without completed application form and updated CV or sent in other email addresses will not be considered.
Short-listed candidates will be called for further screening and personal interview. Competitive salary and benefit packages will be offered to the deserving candidates based on performance.
HERD reserves the right to accept and reject applications. Candidates from disadvantaged communities, women and with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.